Followers

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Lets get Manipulating

Once I have designed, woven or printed my designs I love to manipulate the fabrics, to create textures. Using a mixture of felting, cutting and stitching I was able to create interesting fabric pieces that were both contemporary and luxurious.














This is one of my favourite designs. By just using a simple method of cutting and felting the fabric I wasable to come up with a very intersting and tactile piece.













To create a luxurious fabric I hand felted wool bonded the fibres with felting needles and then machine stitched on top of the felt. I believe that this has given the fabric more depth and increased the strength of the colour in the design.












Again using the method of felting and cutting I have been able to give an interesting texture to the cloth. Having cut the cloth gives it movement and the ability to stretch releving colours from under the pattern.







No comments:

Post a Comment