Followers

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Awards and Accolades

 In 2010 I was the winner at New Designers of the New Designers WorshipfulCompany of Weavers Associate Prize. The award was for my final years work based around all aspects of the bird; from highly detailed woven fabrics to heavily textured pieces. This was an incredible prize and one which I am both extremely proud of and honoured to of received.


Also in my final year I won two awards from The Bradford Textile Society which was a First place and also a commendation for another.




This was my first place winning design. Hand drawn and manipulated on photoshop to create a strong detailed mirrored image of a bird in flight.







 






This design was reworked into to create something soft and textured all done by hand using a mixture of techniques including needle felting.

No comments:

Post a Comment