Followers

Sunday 5 June 2011

Jacquard weaves.....the details of a bird

The jaquard enabled me to weave many different fabrics with many differnt designs. I based my project on birds which gave me a wide variety of patterns to play with.



I wanted to make some of my designs obvious that I looking at birds but also stuble enough to work for as a commercial fabric.








The foot print design has to differnt results. The design to the left is the back of the cloth. To prduce the great colour I used silk to it its lavish finish.














The design here was based on feathers. Using different weave structures to create a feater texture. It was even more interesting when turning the cloth over. The the black end of the warp weaving on the back of the cloth meant that there was a high contrast in the design, which works really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment