Followers

Sunday 5 June 2011

Pleats, pleats and more pleats

This method of weaving is extremly time consuming, but very fulling. Having woven large sections of fabric only to then fold the fabric to create these pleats felt
crazy; however the end results worked really well and produced something that can only be described as luxurious.



With this design I was wanted to create something that was full, something that if produce for what intended (cushion) you would be able to fall intot the fabric and it would just wrap around your body.








I love this design, I think the colours together are very contemporary, and with the way the pleats wrinkle together gives a differnt look to the other pleated fabric that I have produced.





I tried here to make various pleats off all different sizes, and to add interest I hand felted colours inbetween some of the pleats. I choose to do this as it gives a strong hint of colour, which you get to see as the pleats move.




I went on to experiment with patterns on the pleate . It adds colour and an extra dimention to the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment